Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Heat & Humidity Have Arrived in Bucharest!

Dear Loved Ones,

   Hola! I hope you all had a good week. Mom and dad, it sounds like you're enjoying the 90 degree weather there in SoCal. It's a lot better there, without the humidity. Here, it's been getting warmer and more humid. The past few days have been a little too humid for my taste. You gotta love it here in the summer. Mom and dad, it looks like you had a fun time in Utah with everyone. I saw those pictures. It looks like it was a nice reception for Tyler and Chelsey. I can tell Kenadee was running all over the place. I can't wait to hang out with her and actually chat with her. I hope the family's all doing well. I saw pictures of Chris and Liz's new house getting built. It looks nice so far. It's got a pretty view of the lake and mountains. It looks like the end of August will just be busy for everybody! Good to hear that the familia is doing bine.

   It's been a good week here in the Mihai Bravu side of things. Elder Durand and I are improving at talking to more people out in parks and what not. Contacting constantly takes a lot of diligence and self-discipline. We kinda have a new investigator! His name is Patric. We met him at english. He's  a medium english student, and wasn't able to come in time for the Tuesday class. So, Elder Durand and I stayed a little after our normal advanced class to teach him some english. After, we had a little lesson with him about the Restoration and gave him a BOM. He's a cool guy. We hope to have another lesson with him tomorrow after english. We have needed new investigators this whole transfer. Elder Fonnesbeck and Elder Knapp had a baptism on Saturday. They have been teaching Alex, a cool 20-something year old who had been talking to missionaries since last year (but in Panduri, I think). It was nice to see yet another baptism. Baptismal ceremonies are just a great way to spend a hot, humid Saturday afternoon. Elder Durand and I helped Sora Hosking and Sora Sam teach a lesson to Tene and his non-member friend, Francis. They are both from Africa, and are way cool. We had a great Restoration lesson. Francis has already read some of the BOM and has heard about the church from sometime before. By the end of the lesson, he really wanted to be a member of the church!

   We had zone conference on Wednesday and Thursday. It was both Ploiesti and Buc zones. It was awesome. We heard from both sets of zone leaders, the AP's, and Pres. and Sora Hill about stuff like success, personal study, having more faith to find and teach, and giving people commitments. Also, I had to bear my "dying" testimony! It was my last zone conference! Elder Fonnesbeck had to bear his too. That's been the tradition in this mission: when you're at your last zone conference, you bear your last testimony! It was a neat experience, and a little weird too. Elder McFadden (senior couple in Panduri) made us sweet and sour pork for lunch! It was pretty tasty. It was a nice change from Domino's pizza. It was fun to see other missionaries there and mingle a little bit. Oh, dad, on my birthday, I got a new suit! Well, I got the pants first, then, just a few days ago, I got the suit coat. It all cost 300 lei. I also got a new tie too. It's a nice gray suit, which I sported to zone conference. Sunday was a good day. Church was nice. Elder Knapp spoke! He talked about love. He did a great job! He pronounced everything perfectly. He was nervous, but everyone knew he did a good job. Sora Gorzo had us over. This time, we had sarmale and a good bean ciorba. Luckily, we did not get "Gorzo-ed" again. I trust her sarmale.

   Last piece of news! We got a special P-day organized for all the Buc missionaries (if they can/want) to go to Peles castle! It will be this Wednesday, because the inside tour of the castle is closed on Mondays. The AP's and Pres. Hill O.K.'d it. We will leave around 9 or 10 in the morning by train, and come back at around 3 or 4. I'm excited! I finally get to see some pretty mountains and a castle. The whole trip will cost about 110 lei. It will be a fun day. I'll get to see it again with you guys, mom and dad, in August. Anyways, that's about it for now. I hope you have a good week. Ciao!

Love, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment