Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm almost out of here!

Hello everybody! How are we all doing? I assume well. I'm doing just fine as always. In 11 days (I think) I'll be flying to Romania! Sweet eh? We haven't got our travel plans yet, but I'm thinking we will this week someday. I'm excited. We should be going first to New York, then to Vienna, Austria, then to Bucharest! I'll be sure to let y'all know when I get those plans.
   
     Well, apart from the fact that we leave very soon, I've had another great week here in the empty sea (MTC). It actually snowed for the first time here 2 days ago, but of course it didn't stick to the ground yet. It's been a bit chilly, but nothing I can't handle. It'll be cold in Romania when I get thar. Hmm, Halloween is this Sunday! Happy Halloween everybody! Thanks mom and dad for the package of treats and such. I love wasabe almonds! Well, this week, there have been a couple cool things:
   
     On Tuesday for devotional, we had another Apostle come speak to us! 2 in a row! That's some low odds right there. Guess who it was!.........Yep, you're right, it was Elder Richard G. Scott of the 12. He's such a deep man. And way shorter in person! He talked about being led by the Spirit. He had a bunch of points that different missionaries volunteered to read out loud in the microphones. He also talked about humility, faith, character, and even invoked upon us learning a new language a blessing (with his Apostolic authority)  for the gift of tongues! That was pretty cool. So I don't need to study the language anymore because he gave me that gift! Yay! Numai Smecher! (JK) I'll keep studying. So that was a sweet experience. Let's hope for a 3rd Apostle in a row, shall we? 
   
     Also, yesterday, our district was called to help volunteer in hosting new arriving missionaries. I knew Devin Rowley was coming in, but never did see him! all the Elders line up by the curb and greet and take care of the new elder, send him to his room, and send him to his class. Me and others got called to help with international missionaries. Me and another Elder in my district, Elder Ransom, ended up helping 3 sister missionaries from Russia, Ireland, and Finland. That was pretty neat. We did have to give up gymtime (fun time) to host, but it was worth it. It's crazy because not long ago, I was one of those noob missionaries getting dumped off and entering a strange new world.
  
    Hmm, not much else is going on, Elder Fonnesbeck and I are still teaching a progressing investigator. He's still committed to baptism on Nov. 5, and we last talked to him about legea zeciuielli (the law of tithing). He accepted it and is doing well with his other commitments. We're getting better and better at speaking Romanian, even though we're only 1/1000th of being fluent yet! It's fun! Apart from that, it's same ol same ol. Studying, teaching, having a great time with my district, etc.
   
      I love getting letters from y'all (and packages) so thanks for those! I hope the weather and ward and everything else is doing fine in good ol redlands. Good for Dad, being the 1st counselor now! I bet that'll be fun! Good for BYU in winning another game. I hope Heaps and the team keep improving. I can't wait to hear where Elder Fisher will be going! Be sure to let me know! I guess he'll go to Germany, Berlin! Haha! Keep up the good work Taylor. Good to hear everyone's doing well. Thanks for all your mission advice dad. I'll be sure to do what you say and try to immerse myself in the culture and keep an optimistic attitide. I hope Jamers and Mark and Kenadee are doing well, as well as Chris and Liz. Sorry about last week's email being all bolded. I don't know why it did that! Imi pare rau (I'm sorry). Thanks Andreasens for your letters of support! I miss you guys, and hope zach and Briggs are doing well and having fun!
 
    That's about it for today. I promise next week's email will be more exciting (it will be my last email from the MTC!) I should have my travel plans by then, so stay tuned. I love y'all and hope you are doing well. Write me and pray for me if you love me aight? Ok, good. Well, I'll talk to y'all next week then. La Revedere!!! Cu Dragoste, Elder Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment