Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Thursday, October 7, 2010

One Month In, One to Go

  Hey everybody! How are we all doing this fine week? I hope you all are doing foarte bine. I myself am doing foarte excelent. It's already been an entire month! It's going by so fast now. It's still so exciting! I have just one more month before I hit the big time- Romania! I'm so flipping excited to fly there and live there and testify of the Gospel there! You all should be feeling so jealous of me right about now. Let me tell you how this week has been for me eh?
 
    So of course I got to see General Conference this last weekend. Twas awesome. I took about 20 pages of notes and loved every single talk. It's really a unique experience to watch general conference as a missionary. You really take to heart each talk and try to remember to apply it into your missionary life. I especially liked Pres. Uchtdorf's talks on pride and simplifying our lives, as well as all the talks on faith and the Holy Ghost (Elder Scott, Elder Bednar, etc.) We also had a firesdie Sunday night by a member of the MTC persidency- Pres. Breinholt. It was all about hymns! We sang about 20 hymns, and I loved it. I really appreciate hymns so much more now being here. On Tuesday night devotional, we heard from an Emeritus Quorum of the 70, Elder Meuenshwander (really counfusing last name, but I think I spelled it right haha) He spoke of 7 things we as missionaries can use to have better success. One thing I really liked from his message was that we need to realize that it is ourselves and our attitudes that make or break our missions. So be happy and embrace challenges eh? I'm getting so much better at all the things we do here: learning Romanian, teaching progressing investigators, and such. I just recently memorized Joseph Smith's account of his 1st Vision in Romanian! Pretty cool stuff I think. The language is so cool and I love how I am in the only district that's going to Romania (just the 12 of us!) There are like 2000 Spanish speaking missionaries here and I get sick of hearing Spanish all around me haha! I realize how easy that language actually is now, seeing other Elders have some hard times with it (thanks to 4 years of it in High School). Knowing Spanish REALLY helps me in learning Romanian.
We recently taught a progressing investigator lesson 3 (the Gospel) and it went dang good! I felt the Spirit like nobody's business and really connected with the investigator. I can tell already that I'm becoming a better teacher each day here. You need to really testify WHY the Gospel is important to YOU or else the investigator will not care about what you're saying, even if you do a perfect job in teaching him the principles! Let that be my word of advice for the day to all you preemy missionaries who read this.  One more thing, next week will be the first time we have to teach all the lessons in pure Romanian! Yikes. I look forward to it though, it should be a great and fun learning experience!
 
   Thanks mom for all the DearElders and letters! So in answering your questions real quick:
 
   I loved conference, but the camera never did show my companion up close, but he was there in the MTC choir in priesthood session. He loved it. I am glad for Zach, Taylor, Andrew, and every one else who are doing their best to become better missionaries. It's good to hear the family is doing bine! Man, I miss little Kendaee. That's adorable that she is learning to crawl. Say hi to her for me (oh and feel free to mail me pictures of her!) Good job Aunt Kim and Uncle Tom! Keep up the running! I don't know how you guys do it, but keep it up! I hope Chris and Liz are doing well in school and work. I wish Liz luck in her tests! Happy B-day to Tia Lee! 10 years old already, wow! Tell Grandma hi back! It's good to know she is doing well. Good job to everyone, EXCEPT BYU football. I heard they got killled by Utah State....really? That's shameful. I hope they improve. I'm glad I'm not enrolled there right now and wasting my money on an All-Sport pass hahah! To my friends at BYU (Matt, Kaitlyn, Lauren...) keep enjoying it. It's so much fun. Pray that BYU football will do better! ha. Dear Jamie, I am getting SO excited to go to Romania real soon! Thanks for the letter, and keep doing well.
 
  Multumesc everybody (thank you) for supporting me and praying for me. May I ask, keep doing those things. I appreciate it. Also, thanks so much to everybody who writes me!!! I love mail like nobody's business and desire all who truly love me to write me. I promise I'll write back when I have the time. Well, my time is about gone, so I'll talk to ya'll later. Just know that I love it here and am happy!!! I lurve you all!!!! LA REVEDERE!!!   Love, Elder Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment