Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, April 18, 2011

Deva is Awesome

Hey everybody! How are y'all? I'm doing super well. I had a great week. But first, I want to say congrats to former Bishop Strong. It's very cool that he is now the Redlands Stake President! I wasn't really expecting that because he's so young! I hope he does his best and I know he will; he's an awesome guy. I hope, mom and dad, that you enjoyed stake conference. It sounded really cool. I wish I could have been there...but, I think Romania is a lot more fun. Be sure and tell me who our new bishop will be...any guesses? Maybe it could even be you, Dad! Haha. Well, that's exciting stuff.

    I have had an excellent week here in Deva. The work has been rolling like a stone cut out of the mountain without hands (Daniel 2:44-45). This past week has been my most successful week in my mission so far!  Elder Newton and I have been working like nobody's business. We (at least I) got a new record of lessons taught in one week: 27! The other elders are also doing very well. Elder Newton and I have a baptismal date for this Saturday for Larisa. The other elders have a baptismal date this Saturday for a girl named Roxi. We hope to see both baptized. Larisa needs a strong witness that the Book of Mormon is true, so we will meet with her every day this week. Both girls are about ready sa fie botezati (to be baptized). Other than that, we have no other baptismal dates yet. We are still talking to our other investigators and trying to get them to progress. Yesterday at church, we had a good turnout: 8 total investigators for both companionships came. It was a good sacrament meeting. After church, we all went to the Fotea's to eat lunch and have a little lesson with Larisa and Roxi. It was fun. Our zone has been doing pretty well. The mission got 2 baptisms this week: Cornelia and Felicia in Constanta! I was excited to see that the city I was in now has 2 new members! I don't know Felicia, but Cornelia was there when I was there. She'd always come to church as if she was already a member haha. It's good that she really is a member now. Also, a cool guy named Daniel in Bacau has a new baptismal date! We had been working with him a lot to get him baptized, but he never really progressed even though he is an awesome friend to the missionaries there. Exciting stuff.

   So the work is going well and I am happy. I can't believe that the transfer is almost over. It ends on April 27th. I hope I stay. I love Deva. I actually hope all of us stay! I like my district a lot. It has been fun to serve with Elder Fonnesbeck. He's so hilarious. I am thinking that at least I will stay (and obviously President Newton). I don't want to be "one and outed" again. Today, our zone is going to Lipova! I'll be sure to have fun and take some good pictures. It's a bummer though, because Oradea can't make it. They are too far away and they didn't reach all their goals for the last week. I don't get to see my favorite elder, Elder Gunter! Oh well. I'll still have fun. Right now we're emailing earlier in the morning because we have a train to catch at 8 that will take us to Lipova. We don't have much time, so I guess this email might be a little shorter and I won't be able to put any pictures up. Don't fret dragi frati si surori. Anyways. things are going well and I hope to have a good last week of this transfer. Soon I'll be in my 5th transfer and will hit my 8 month mark! My birthday is coming up soon too. I don't think I want to turn 20 yet! Also, have a happy Easter and I will be waiting for that package Mom. Thanks!

   Well, it's good to hear that everything is going well at home and in the ward and stuff. Tell me any more exciting news next week mom and dad. Mainly, who will be the new bishop. Love y'all! I gotta run now. La revedere! Love, Elder Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment