Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference Was Great!!

Dear those of you who read this:

   Hello! It's Elder Lee. How was the week? My week was good. Kinda had a lack of lessons, and have been having a lack of investigators. But it was great to watch conference. I hope you all had or will have the chance to watch it. Isn't it one of the most important things in the world to listen to the living prophet and living apostles? I think so. Isn't it even more important to do what they say and not do what they tell us not to do? I think so. It was a great time watching it among members and other missionaries in Bucharest. It was broadcasted in the chapel. I really enjoyed the talks from: Elder Scott, Elder Christofferson, Elder Callister (he made the importance of the BOM pretty clear I think), and President Monson. I have to say, that our prophet is a funny man. I love the fact that you don't have to be living in a monastery all day to be a religious, faithful person. You can be like the living prophet, and let a little humor out! "We love yah Bob!" It was great to hear him and others bear witness of the Savior. We got to watch all of it except for the Sunday Afternoon session. I loved the messages of prayer, standing up for your morals, repentance, receiving inspiration from the Spirit, and more. The church is true! It's also NOT the Mormon church! It's the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!! Why? Because it's Jesus Christ's church that he himself established! He told us to use the name of His church correctly. I enjoyed that talk.

   The work is going well. We had a new investigator, Victor, come to the priesthood session of conference. He's cool. He really talks a lot. He is really interested in history. He's scoured over the BOM and made notes all over it. We need to help him with prayer and receiving a spiritual witness. Valer is cool, but is gone all the time. So, yeah, we have had a lack of investigators, and still do. Just keep finding! That's my new motto. Elder Jones and I have been having a great time together. Especially living with Elders Bateman and Peterson. It's been fun with them. They will finally move out into a nice, new apartment this week. I went on an exchange with Elder Bateman this week. It was fun. We got a block lesson on our first door! It went well and it was a nice guy. Otherwise, we've just been going to parks, as well as more and more blocks. I feel like I've been eating a lot too. I'm always hungry. I'm not gaining weight though, don't worry. I've been reflecting on my language ability lately, and decided I need to speak better! Elder Bateman speaks very well and uses grammar principles that I know, but just don't ever use. I feel like I need to speak better and apply those things I know. I've made a new language study plan that I hope helps me study more diligently each morning.

   Well, things are going well here. We had no baptisms this week in the whole mission. But there are about 15 baptismal dates. There will be 2 baptisms here in Mihai Bravu on this Saturday! (Elder Bateman's investigator and the sisters' investigator) We already have transfers on Oct. 12 (a week and a half), so I will find out what happens to me next Monday. Stay tuned. I think I'll finally leave Bucharest. I wonder where next? We'll see. I'll really miss Bucharest. I've been here forever! I hope the family is doing well. Dad, I'm glad BYU won, and they have a couple easy games coming up. Who do they play in the next few games? I hope the ward is doing well. I'm excited for the Matts and Miles! I'll be waiting to see Miles next year. Any big news in Redlands or the ward or anything? I got emails from Jamie and Chris. They're all doing well. Well, I guess I'm done for now. I hope you had the opportunity to hear something just for you in a conference talk. I love you all! See you laters. Ciao! Love, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment