Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, September 26, 2011

Congratulations On Your Mission Call To Romania -Elder Miles Knapp

Dear Family and Friends:

   Well, I'm excited, that's for sure. I just wanna say Congratulations (Felicitari!) to Elder Miles Knapp! You're coming into the best mission in the world! Oh man, it seems to good to be true. I'm happy for you Miles! We'll be seeing each other soon. Get studying on your Romanian! Man, it's gonna be so cool! Well, it's good to hear news like that. Hmm, how has this week been...

   Well, the week went fast. It was fun. We have just been doing a lot of finding, like always. It's been going well though. We have a number of new potential investigators. The mission had 1 baptism in Deva (I don't know who it is). Elder Jones and I are doing well! We are kinda out of progressing investigators. Levent isn't really doing anything anymore. However, We have Valer, who came to church yesterday. He's a really cool guy, but has been gone in Cluj for work lately. We hope to get talking with him again! So, yeah, missionary work is same ol' same ol'. We had zone conference Wednesday at Panduri (a Buc East and West combined thing). It was awesome. We talked about the Area Book, Finding, Planning, and practicing giving baptismal commitments. It was a good conference. It was also good Dominoes for the lunch. We also did something cool on Saturday. All the missionaries and members from both branches in Buc combined and went out to do service! It was part of a national clean up day called, "Let's Do it Romania!". We donned the yellow helping hands vests too! It was hilarious to see people's faces when we all crammed into the metro. The vests said "o mana de ajutor de la mormoni" We all went up north by some train tracks to pick up trash. It was some good service. We also did some more member hunting too. We talked to a less-active guy named Fratele Lupan, invited him to church, and he came on Sunday! It was good to see he came. Other than that, it was a basic week.

   I don't have much time left, so I gotta run. I hope the family and ward are doing well back home. How's work mom and dad? Thanks again for that package. I'm wearing the "Enjoy Vienna" shirt right now and have already gotten compliments on it. I have no idea what you could send me in another package now. I'd love another photo album. It's just a bummer we never took a recent, nice family picture all together. But, it's all good. I hope you're all doing well. I'm excited for this next week, especially for General Conference!!!! I hope you all watch it and love it! Well, I will go. Have a good week!!! LOVE, Elder Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment