Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, September 19, 2011

Five Months in Bucharest and Still Going Strong

Hey there. Today is P-day. It was fun because I actually went paint balling for the first time in my life! There were 18 of us that went. Even though I'm not too big on shooting stuff and being in wars (well, besides in video games) it was pretty fun. I think I shot one or two people. I was pretty much shot every round. I don't have any bad welts. It was funny. I was just in this big green jumpsuit with my helmet and gun. It was kinda hot, but it was worth it (30 lei for 150 rounds of ammo). We played 6 or 7 rounds. I've done almost everything Buc has to offer for P-day.I think it's my 21st p-day here in the city! I'll miss the p-days when I'm somewhere else.
  
   The week went alright. Kinda disappointing because we didn't have a single return appointment all week. We got 15 lessons in the park though. But, no return lessons or new investigators. However, one lady we met in Parcul Carol came to church. I think she liked it, but we didn't really sit by her because she apparently is a friend of a sister member! They sat together, at at Sunday school, she sat with the sora missionaries. Our current investigators aren't progressing. They either don't answer their phone, just want help finding a new job, or don't keep commitments. Levent hasn't come to church the past 2 weeks and doesn't really know what to do about our message. He's just chilling. Doesn't want to really do anything or progress. I guess he's just not ready yet. He's a great guy though. Still comes to english classes. I'm just not sure when we'll find that person who is ready and willing and excited to accept AND act on our message and be baptized. They're out there. Still haven't found 'em. I'm becoming a master at park contacting and getting first lessons though, so I can't complain about everything. Elder Jones and I are having fun. It's also fun to live with Elder Bateman and Peterson. Now, they have to find an apartment and move. I don't know how long it'll be til they do. You'd think it would be annoying to live as 4 in a little apartment with a tight schedule, but I'm used to it, and it's not too bad. We've become efficient.

   We're doing well with finding less actives and making visits. We've had 2 visits this week. Sora Gavriluti and Fratele Mihail-Stan. Really cool people, just don't go to church. We got to know each other real quick and gave quick spiritual thoughts. I hope they felt the spirit. I think it's good to make really short 15 minute visits, so you don't bother them, and you make them miss you when you leave so fast. It's a good strategy I guess. However they didn't come to church Sunday... But, it was still a good sacrament meeting. President Hill, President Doru (a district president) and President Bulgarasu (branch president) met in a district training meeting and committed to reach the goal of getting a stake by October of 2013. They think it can happen! We just need a lot more active and temple-worthy priesthood holders. We need to work together with the members to do it. I like the goal and think it can happen. In other news, there were 2 baptisms in the mission (both in Chisinau) this week. Elder Bateman has a baptismal date for Ionuti on the 8th of October. He's a really humble and sincere guy that just gets it, loves church, and wants to be baptized. Originally, he was homeless, and also found out recently that he has liver cancer. It seemed bleak, but a miracle happened where he found some type of organization that will pay for treatments for him, give him a place to live AND work for 6 months. It's really cool. Otherwise, all is well here in Bucharest. It's kinda a hot week, but will get cooler soon.

   So, It's sad but true. BYU got beaten up by Utah. I'm sure lots of people are disgusted AND happy. I'm sure you, dad, are really happy huh! Hope you didn't break the tv with the remote during the game! All I can say is: I'm a missionary in Romania and I'm glad that I don't have to care as much about the loss. Who do they play next? I hope they don't lose any more games this season, but chances are they probably will. How is it at home and stuff? I bet both Matt's are getting excited! Miles still hasn't gotten his call? Be sure and let me know. Chris emailed me and said teaching at BYU is kinda funny. He says a lot of his students are obsessive over structure and need to know EXACTLY how to do write or whatever. I kinda remember that. I don't know if I'm like that. I got the package! Thanks! I like the little wizard Austria hat and the Vienna shirt. The food is good too. I like owning a REAL Swiss army knife too. It's very appreciated. Thanks mom and dad! Well, we have zone conference this Wednesday and General Conference is soon, so I'm excited. I hafta run! Lurve y'all! LOVE, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment