Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

April Showers Are Bringing Beautiful Flowers!

Dear Loved Ones:

   Dear family and friends. It's President Lee (but not Harold B.). It's time to recount another week gone by. I hope you all had a fine week and did at least three things that the Spirit prompted you to do. Bacau is getting prettier. The weather has been a bit rainy, but it's sunny today. It can randomly rain whenever though. It's nice and warm nowadays. April is almost over. There are blossoms on the trees, and there are a ton of tulips planted everywhere around centru (in colors like blue, yellow, purple, orange..). In Romanian, "tulips" is "lalele" (I think). It's a fun one to say, especially the genitive version of it, "lalelelor" or the definized, plural version, "lalelele". I hear it's getting really hot in Redlands recently. Don't worry, it's not as bad as Buc summers of deadly heat and humidity. Ok, it's not actually deadly, but it can seem so when all you have to do is contact in parks all day sometimes. I'm excited for the warm, green season coming.

   Elder Rosenvall and I are doing well together, We've been getting along really well and enjoy talking about lots of stuff. The branch is doing alright. Missionary work is still slow, like always. We find ourselves trying to be effective as much as we can, which includes lots of block-knocking. It can be a test of motivation and desire to hit the blocs all the time when you just keep knocking into uninterested Orthodox people all the time. It's always worth it in the end though. It seems like it has been so long since I've started working in a couple of tough cities (with no other misisonaries in the districts) That's why I would really enjoy the opportunity to work in a city that has a well-established branch and more missionaries! I really miss doing district meetings with a group of awesome missionaries and even senior couples. Doing district meeting with the two of us can get kinda lame. Our investigator, Cristina, has not progressed at all. She doesn't understand prayer, even after we have taught her about it many times. She doesn't do her reading and hasn't come to church. She really just wants to go to France. Bummer. It was a good time trying to teach her and invite her to read and pray. We have no other investigators, except Ionela, who we can try to contact again finally, now that spring break is over.

   The members here are doing well, as they usually do. Daniel was going to give a talk yesterday in church, but he got some food poisoning and couldn't come. We still had a good church though. Alexandra Iancu gave a talk, and so did I. Also, there was a family that came from Galati named the Stancu's. They are a very cool couple with a cute 4-year old son. They actually came here for church because there are some problems in the Galati branch which caused them to come here to Bacau for a temporary time. They will come to church again next Sunday. I don't know all the details, but it was nice to meet them and have them here at our church. The wife, Catalina, knows english very well and even wants to help out with the branch. Cool stuff. We also met with The Iancu family at their home in the countryside for Alexandra's birthday! She turned 18, and we ate some sarmale and a very tasty chocolate tort (cake). On another day, we met with Sora Dragomir and she fed us some good potato and pork soup and salad, with some of her home-made cozonac (sweet-bread with raisins and stuff). We had a good week. We listened to all of gerneral conference. I loved it all.

   That's all the news here. It's nice to hear about things at home. Congrats to Chris on being "Educator of the Year". Does that mean he was the best teacher in the whole school for the year? That's funny to hear about Bosco. Is he overweight? He needs to stop getting into all that food and lose some weight. It's good that Chris and Liz, as well as Jamie and Mark are all doing well. I forgot to say Happy Birthday to Jamers last week...Happy Birthday Jamers! Love you. I'm excited to see them soon, especially Kenadee! Well, I think it would be very fun (mom and dad) to see Peles, Bran, Sighisoara, and Sibiu. I have seen some of Elder Rosenvall's pictures of when he was in Brasov. It's really pretty around there. He and the other missionaries in his district went to see all the cool stuff there on different p-days. President Hill has told me in an email that I'd be able to see one more city before I head out. I don't know if that means this next transfer, or my last transfer. We'll see. I think my top choice (If I could choose) would be Cluj-Napoca. Well, that's about it for today. I love you all! Have a good week. Enjoy the rest of April. Read your scriptures! I am actually in Moroni in the BOM. Just 4 more chapters, and I will finish the BOM! For the 4th time! Anyways, ciao!

Love, Presedintele Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment