Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, April 2, 2012

My Thoughts and Prayers are with Elder Doloscan and his Mother.

Dear family and friends:

   Hello there! It's President Lee! I'm emailing a little bit later, because I'm actually in Bucharest right now! So here's what happened. I've been with Elder Doloscan for the past 5 days. It was a lot of fun! He's a great missionary and a funny guy! We had a good time and he made some great food for us, including Russian bors (pronounced like "borsh"), which is like a ciorba. He's a really good cook! We had a good church--5 members came, and it was fast and testimony meeting. I haven't yet watched any general conference, but I heard it was really good. I'm excited to watch it soon. Oh yeah, congrats for Chris and Liz! It'll be fun to have another niece! I'm excited to get back home right around the time she'll be born. Also, I talked to Pres. Hill about my release date and all. We established August 9th as my release date. He said it would be fine for you, mom and dad, to come and pick me up then and then to spend a week in the country. Yay! Ok, so back to my story....So, before Elder Doloscan became my companion, his mother had a heart attack. She was doing well, and he told me that he had a phone (with President's permission) to call her once a month to see how she is doing. She is in Venice, Italy. She apparently got better, but then on Sunday night, Pres Hill called Elder Doloscan and told him that his mom is in the hospital again. Elder Doloscan decided to go and be with her and to help her, because there is nobody else to take care of her. So, we had to arrange for him to leave. We came down to Buc, so he could check out plane tickets and stuff and so he could get released from his mission (at least for awhile...it would be cool if he could come back to the mission soon maybe). I'm at the office now, doing email. I'll be here in Buc for probably just another day. I will be here in the office tomorrow morning to register for BYU classes, so that will be convenient. I found a handful of classes that deal with history, D&C, sociology, a guitar class, Romanian, and maybe a writing class. I just don't know if I'll get all that I want. We'll see what I can do. It kinda feels like I'll just pick random classes that I hope will be good...

   Sorry this email is all over the place. I'll be getting a new companion, Elder Rosenvall from Brasov. Elder Peterson is going to go to Brasov in his place. I'll be going back up to Bacau with Elder Rosenvall tomorrow or in a couple days. I've met him before when he was a boboc in Buc. He's a funny guy. I think we'll have fun. Oh yeah, Elder Knapp is in Mihai Bravu. Guess who his trainer is? The one and only Elder Fonnesbeck! Haha. They're having a ton of fun! Elder Fonnesbeck gave me a call and told me the news. I had the chance of talking to Elder Knapp over the phone twice. It's so good to hear him and know he's here! I don't know if we'll see each other though, at the conference. We may not even have the conference (Elder Causse got called to be in the Presiding Bishopric, I hear, so he may or may not still come.) I think only a few of my MTC group is planning on going home early. I know that Elders Shroedter and Pettit actually want to extend. They're all serving in Arad, Sibiu, Buc, Deva, Constanta, Alexandria, and Orhei.
  
   Hmm, I got your Easter package! Thanks a ton for it! I'm happy for Easter to come. I hope everything at home is doing well. I'm sorry that this email is short and crazy, but I kinda need to go now. Va iubesc. I really feel bad for Elder Doloscan and that our time we served together was very short, but it was a great time. I hope all goes well for him and his mother. I hope I can get registered for some good classes. 14 or 15 credit hours right dad? I'll be here at the office at 9 a.m. to do all that. Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll let you know how everything goes and tell you how things are next Monday. Have a great week. Love you all. Ciao!

Love, President Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment