Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebrating the 4th of July in Romania

Buna! It's me again. This week went really fast like usual. Hmm, what is today...oh yeah, it's Monday, July 4th. What does that indicate again?....Oh yeah, Independence Day!! Happy July 4th y'all! It's interesting to be in Romania for a day like this, but it is also awesome. We all gathered at the Panduri chapel earlier today to grill burgers and play volleyball and chilllax a bit. Some good old-fashioned American livin'. It was fun. However, I'm still waiting to see the fireworks part. I don't think I will be able to see any here. It's alright. They're overrated. The week has been nice.

   Probably the big news is that we now have President Hill and his wife here. I had the chance to meet them on Thursday at zone conference and they are pretty awesome people. They are funny too. I like that. They have traveled around the world to a few places. They come from a cool family and have already shared some really cool stories about themselves. They told about getting their call on January 6th, in Pres. Eyring's office. Even though they have been around the world some, they were super surprised to hear Romania, Bucharest Mission. They said they felt comforted right after the initial shock, and that it was a sweet experience to be there and talk with Pres. Eyring. I guess that's kinda how it felt for me. It wasn't so much of a shock, but rather a "well that's quite random" moment. Soon after, I felt a reassurance that it was where I felt I was supposed to go. And now, I've been here for about 8 months already. Snap. So, anyways, the zone conference was way fun, and I got to see some cool people including Elder Fonnesbeck, Elder Green, Elder James, etc.

   SO, the week had some rainyness, but it wasn't too bad. We got less lessons this week, but we got a new investigator and 3 to church! So, Ionuti is a new investigator. He randomly showed up at church, and we've had 2 or 3 lessons with him already. We've mainly been focusing on the Importance of the BOM, and that he needs to actually read it and pray about it before deciding it's not true. We talked a bit about baptism too, and talked about the restoration of priesthood authority to act in God's name. He's really cool, and he is Pentecostal. He can get really intense when he talks about things like the Holy Ghost, or when he prays. He also sung us a sweet song: "Dumnezeu este dragoste. Dumnezeu este Dragoste. Dumnezeu cel vesnic Dumnezeu totputernic, Dumnezeu este dragoste." God is love. God is love. God the eternal, God the all-powerful. God is love. It was fun. We all sang it together. Also, our one family we're talking to all came to church yesterday! Even in the rain! They really liked sunday school. We hope they will keep learning and reading and praying. They are looking for a new apartment right now. So nice. Otherwise, same old stuff. The zone leaders have a baptismal date on July 30th for Silvia. The district is doing well, and we're all having a fun time. We did chalk-contacting/draw plan of salvation on the ground together on Saturday in Herastrau. Same spot. We talked to some cool people.

   How has Utah been mom and dad? I hear mom almost got carried away in the river. Sounds like an adventure. How was the Shakespearian festival? I haven't been there forever. I hope you guys are having/had fun (depending on when you read this) there and are very excited for going to Europe very soon. I guess the next email you get from me, you'll be in Switzerland or Austria!  Buy me a something sweet and mail it to me ok?  This transfer is going very fast. There are only 2 more weeks left, then I don't even know what'll happen. Lots of new bobocs will come in, so I could be training already?!? I dunno. I might leave Bucharest because Elder Martin would most likely stay. Maybe I'll get white-washed into somewhere with a boboc (like Oradea or Brasov, or somewhere cool like that). I'm not stressing out. It could be fun. I hope the ward and family and friends are all doing ok. I am as always. I can't think of anything else to say. I'm out of good stories (sorry I don't have another awesome story of being physically assaulted...) I try ok! Well, I love you all. Peace be with ye. La Revedere! Love, Elder Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment