Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm training a new boboc (i.e., newly arrived missionary)

    Howdy folks! It's me again. How are you? I'm doing well and am burning in the heat of a Bucharest summer. It's been a tense couple of days because of transfers. It's been a good week, but fast. It's hard to believe that this transfer is over. It seems to me that each new transfer goes a little bit quicker and quicker. I've really enjoyed it with Elder Martin. Yesterday night, we got caught in a random, fat thunderstorm and got completely drenched. It was fun. I've loved Mihai Bravu too. I probably had the best district in the mission! It's a bummer to get to the end. However, I'm still excited. I found out transfers today and got some big news. So, first of all, this next transfer is crazy. You got 15 missionaries going home and 13 coming in. Elders Bennett, Brunner, Toronto, Layton, Boehme, Gunter, Betteridge, Suppes, Mathis, Wirthlin, Johnson, and Gardiner and soras Hupp, Hansen, and Harward all leave! We have a whole lot of new trainers, a few new zone leaders, and a new AP. So, there will be 6 people from my group training and 2 will be new zone leaders. Let's see.......

   Elder Fonnesbeck will be a zone leader in Bacau, Elder Green will be a zone leader in Sibiu, Elder Mikolyski will be a trainer in Oradea, Elder Nilsson will be a trainer in Galati, Elder Nelson will be a trainer in Deva, Elder Pettit will be a trainer in Timisoara, Elder James will be a trainer in Pitesti, and that one guy Elder Lee will be a trainer in Buc Mihai Bravu. So, there's the down-low. Really strange, but exciting. But, yeah, I'll be getting a boboc! What?!?! It feels like I am still a boboc sometimes. It's super cool though. A lot of people from my group are all doing the same thing. It'll be a fun time. I just hope to be a good example. That's all that really counts. Time goes so fast. I'm at the point in my mission where all the cool old people were when I just came in to the country. My turn!

   I'm also very excited to be getting a new addition in my district: Elder NEWTON! One of my favs!! He finishes his term of branch president in Deva and is coming to be with Elder Schroedter as ZL's! OH SNAP! It'll be cool to be with him again. Sora Hansen is staying put. She will also be training a boboaca (female baby duck)! So that makes 2 bobocs in my district. Elder Martin is going to Pitesti, and Sora Ausen is going to Chisinau. Both got one and outed. I'll miss those two. There will also be 2 bobocs in the Panduri side of Buc. Lots of little baby ducks will be filling in the cities! On transfer day Wednesday, all of us trainers will go to the mission home to have a little meeting and then meet the bobocs! It's then when I meet my boboc and get to work with him. Weird! The new AP is Elder Finch, who I don't really know too well, but he's really cool. He's actually from Spanish Fork and I talked with him once and asked if he knows Tyler. He said he remembers going to school with him. Anyways, that's all the craziness.

   But yeah, I had a fun week. Elder Martin and I have been having fun.  We've talked with a guy named Andrei at Parcul Cismigiu a couple of times about the Restoration and BOM. We gave him the book. He committed to read, pray and come to church. He wasn't at church though yesterday. He's really nice and seems sincere and open-minded. He even bought us some ice cream (it was a hot day). Otherwise, we've also been trying to talk to Ali, a guy Elder Martin found in Herastrau whilst chalk-contacting. He lives in Seattle but is here for school every summer. He knows Romanian and English. He loves reading the BOM and says he feels a unique peace about it when he reads. He wants to find out about it. He has prayed and come to church once, and we hope he finds his answer. We want to invite him to baptism the next time we meet. We didn't have any investigators at church yesterday. It's kinda been a dry run in terms of that specific key indicator. But, we all mergem inainte don't we? Our family still has apartment troubles, and we really need to meet with them. It's been almost a week! It's been fun talking with all these people. I just want to keep finding more and more people so someone will get baptized! It'll be fun to still be around here for yet another transfer, hitting up the parks and trying to do better at metro-contacting. I'm gonna feel real bad if I don't do everything I can to be a good example.

   Enough about me. How are you mom and dad? Enjoying Salzburg and the alps? It sounds like you've been treated pretty luxuriously over there. What type of food have you eaten? Have you bought any cool souvenirs? What's the weather like? Tell me more about it. I guess you only have a few days left already. I hope you'll be ready to leave and not get sad. I hope the rest of the fam is doing OK. I haven't heard from Chris or Jamie in a while. I hope stuff is going well with them. Hey mom, I got that package. Multumesc mult. I like the cookies. I'll be waiting to see some cool pics of your trip. I hope all else is well. I can't think of anything else to say. Oh yeah, the other day, all of bucharest (elders, soras, APs, office elders, and even president and his wife) all joined together in centru and sung hymns/contacted people. It was fun. We sang about 16 hymns. there were lots of people that were probably thinking, "who are these ridiculous people who sing so beautifully?". We also visited Sora Gorzo as a district to eat some tasty ciorba de perisoare (meatball ciorba), chicken and rice, and sarmale. I love Sora Gorzo! But, alas, I must make an end of my speaking. Ma iubiti! La revedere!!! Love, Elder Lee     PS - I'm really gonna miss Elder Gunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment