Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot in Bucharest

What's up! It's just me again for the billionth time. I'm doing well. I kinda have a half cold half not cold. It's so HOT now! The past few days have been like 37 degrees, which in Fahrenheit is like high 90's. It's the dang humidity that makes life in a white shirt and tie kinda miserable sometimes. It's all good. I'm not too bothered by it. It's been a fun week. Elder Martin and I have been doing well. We've found some more cool peoples to talk with. There's one guy, Ali, who Elder Martin talked to while we were doing chalk contacting. He ended up coming to church and really liked it. He read 100 something pages from the BOM already and I think he could be baptized soon! I may not be able to see the progress of him or others as I may be leaving in just a week. It's not for certain, but I'm guessing that I leave cuz I've already been here for 3 months. It doesn't feel like that long. Well, I'll let y'all know transfers NEXT monday. Our one family is doing well. They didn't come to church yesterday, but we had a good lesson with them about the gospel. We talked a little more bout baptism. We didn't invite them to be baptized yet, but now they know the importance of this covenant and I committed them to pray about it (especially about the restoration of this authority through Joseph Smith) We also showed them some Motab! They have a computer and sometimes, we like to take advantage of computers and show them some stuff about the church online. They first showed us some videos of some guys singing about Isus in some type of conference with lots of people. I liked it! There was a whole band playing too, with drums and guitar. Sometimes I wonder why we can't have guitars in OUR sacrament meetings for musical numbers. At least acoustic guitars....Nu stiu. But things are going well with them, just that they still need a new apartment and just haven't had any luck with finding one in their price range.

    On Tuesday, we helped the humanitarian senior couple (the Wolsey's) to move some furniture into a bloc apartment for some people to move in. They said the people moving in have AIDS and so they invited us to help them move in beds, a table, chairs, mattresses, a washing machine, and a fridge. We put together beds and chairs, and had fun. I squeezed myself in the tiny elevator with the fridge all the way to the 9th floor. For going on lifts here in blocs, you have to close the doors so these certain buttons are pushed in order for the lift to go. But with the fridge there, the doors would not possibly close, so I had to push those buttons with my fingers, BUT, I also had to push the button for the 9th floor. So I had to stretch out my hand to hit both buttons to make it go and also hit the 9th floor button. It might sound cool, but trust me, its quite a boring story. It hurt my little pinky too. I don't know why my fingers are so skinny. Then we had to rush over to english right after, and had no time to change. It was nice to go around in normal clothes for a while. We were able to go to visit Mihaela, an former investigator, for dinner. She's so nice and invites us to dinner every once in a while. We ate some ciorba, mamaliga, and a good dish with pork and veggies. We had some tasty raspberry ice cream after. It was great. We showed her some Motab too. I also played with Arthur, her hamster. Friday was my 10 month mark. So like, I've almost been out for a year. It's trippy! On Sunday, we visited Sora Bobeanu again with the sacrament. She's just always on her bed and can't move. She has some type of cancer in her legs or something. I enjoy visits there. We read about an Atonement talk in the liahona, about how the atonement can heal all pain. Every type of pain, whether it comes from sin, sickness, accident, injury, abuse, whatever. She's such a good example. All she wants to do is just serve God. She prays every day to have the strength to serve Him. She said she doesn't know exactly why He is keeping her the way she is, as she cannot move or go to church, or talk to people about the church. However, at least one reason is because she is teaching me in our visits all about how important love, hope and faith are, and how every other worldly thing doesn't matter. She's also so funny and just happy about life. I'll miss my visits to her when I leave. Other than that, the week has been pretty basic and what not.

   Mom and dad, how is Europe treating you? I saw that you got there safely and you got to Frankfurt, then went to Switzerland. Seen some pretty places? I bet. I also read about how expensive things are there. I would not pay for any meal at McDonald's if it was flippin' almost 20 bucks! Why is stuff so expensive there? I hope you guys do cool stuff and have a fun time. Hopefully the weather stays bine. Is it as hot there as it is here? It's too bad you won't see the Holden siblings. I bet they're having a fun time though. Well, I guess my only tip is to just keep it real, ok mom and dad? Also, get me a cool souvenir, like a...I dunno, surprise me. What cool stuff is there to buy? You better buy something really expensive for me. I kid. Just remember that I'm your favorite child. I also still haven't gotten that 4th of July package yet. I'll get it soon though.

    Well, I'm about done. I hope all is well with the family. All is well here in Bucuresti. I can't believe Tyler gets home in 4 months! Time is fast, AND furious (ok, that was retarded). But yeah, the mission does go by so fast. You gotta give your all each day. Sometimes, it's easy to forget how little time you have and you just get in the flow and don't try your hardest. I sound really corny right now, so I'll stop. I love you all and we'll talk next week, when it's the BIG transfer day (when a ton of people leave and a ton of people come in.) Sper ca voi toti aveti o saptamana atat de plecuta si sa stiti ca ma iubiti!!! La revedere! Love, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment