Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas is just about here!

  Hey folks. How goes it. The past week has been great. It's an exciting time of the year. I can't believe it's already Christmas. This has been like the fastest year of my life (and 3 months so far of my mission). How are you doing? I'm doing great. Let's talk about the past week and things that will happen this week, shall we?

    So, this past week, we finally got REAL snow. It's been cold, but not too cold. We have talked to a few of our investigators, but not many. The thing now is that we need to find more people. Our pool of investigators is getting smaller, so we're trying to focus on knocking  more blocks and giving out English class cards. It's probably a little tough right now just because it's so snowy, it's the holidays, and like I said before, the people here are very weefy. Elder Gunter and I are doing great! Elder Gunter's super awesome. I actually just found out that he's a quarter Russian. We get along so well now, so I'll miss him when I get transferred. He, however, will continue to stay in Bacau because he's branch president here. He still has like 13 more weeks here! I'll probably be transferred at the end of this, my 2nd, transfer, which will be at the beginning of February. Anyways, I'm loving Bacau.

   We had a fun week too. Just last Saturday (2 days ago) we had a branch Christmas party! Lots of people came too (like 18!). It was fun. We held it in our little church villa. First we had a little program, sang hymns, us missionaries sang Jingle Bells in English, then we watched "Joy to the World", a little church dvd bout Christ's birth and life. THEN, we ate food! We had salata de beuf, which is just like potato salad and egg salad mixed together. We also had SARMALE! I love sarmale. They were little miniature ones wrapped in cabbage and grape vine leaves full of rice, onions, beef, and pork, with smantana (sour cream) smothered all over it..............may I say delish? The meal was awesome. Also, a member dressed up as Santa and gave us all little bags of chocolate! Lots of people were there and good times were had by ALL.

   Now, contrasting the heavily attended party was church the next day. Get this: Only 2 members came. Two! So it was us 4 missionaries and 2 members. Party! Ha, just kidding. It was the least attended sacrament meeting I've ever been to in my life. But, it was a good meeting. I blessed the Sacrament for the first time in Romanian. I got it right the first time. yay! It was a bummer that so few people came. On top of that, no investigators came! But it's the Holidays, so I'm happy.

   I'm enjoying the package you sent me. mom and dad! When transfers were over, Elders Gauthier and Kebker came back from Bucharest with the package and also said there was one more for me, but they forgot it. I'm assuming that it's the Andreasen's. Thanks Andreasen's! I'm also excited for going to Chisinau for our Christmas party there! We'll leave on Wednesday at 5:30 a.m. in what's called a Maxi-taxi, which is just a big van transport. OH YEAH, and also, in the email today from Pres., we were told that Skype IS ALLOWED! Sorry, I told you last week (mom and dad) that it was not allowed, but that's what we were told. SO, I guess that means you should buy a webcam mom and dad. It's kinda annoying that just now I'm telling you. On Friday (Xmas Eve) we plan to make the skype (or call) at our regular internet cafe at 7 or 8 p.m. That means it'll be 9 or 10 a.m. in Redlands (are you at work? If so, then we can chat Saturday at the same time). I might (i hope i can) call you also in case you need help to get on skype. You just download it free and make a username and you "call" me or I call you with video chat. My name is "retroxhouse" and my email is "http://webmail.verizon.com/netmail/%22http://mailto:rooney531@hotmail.com%22". Hopefully we can video chat through Skype at that time!

   Anyways, that's about it. Not many other exciting stories to tell, because it's the holidays. It's great to hear that Sora Holden got home safely. Haha, that must have been a memorable talk for her. That's pretty funny. It was exciting to see her here and I wish her the best being back in school.

   Well, That's it for today. I hope I said everything I wanted and needed to say. I wish you all a Craciun Fericit. Go carolling. Give presents to people. Remember what Christmas really means. If you remember what Christmas really means, you will feel all warm inside. I'm loving Christmas time as a missionary. It's the first time that I (I'm being brutally honest here) am putting Christ before Xbox 360's and iPods. The result is wonderful. I'll talk later. Have a good week and love Christmas. I'll do the same here in Romania.
Love y'all lots. Peace and blessins', peace and blessins'. Cu drag, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment