Romania, Bucharest Mission: Sept. 2010 - Sept. 2012

Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm Staying in Bacau for Christmas!

Buna Zuia oameni! Ce faceti? Fac bine astazi. Este aproape de Craciun! yay! Anyways, how are we all doing? I'm doing well, just like last week, and the week before that, and the week before that. Imi place Bacau foarte mult! It's been a great week here. AND, this week is transfer week! I'm done with my first transfer! It went pretty dang fast folks! 21 months left. So let's get talking about stuff please....

     It's been snowing on and off here the past week. The last few days have been -3 degrees Celsius which equates to like 27 degrees Farenheit. Not too bad, but a little on the chilly side my friends. This past week, we've had some success with talking to those progressing, but it's a bummer because we basically had to drop 2 guys because they never answered their dang phones! Also, we don't really have any solid baptismal dates yet for the 4 peeps we've been working with. We want to baptize a couple and their daughter, but they are getting divorced or something, so Elder Gunter and I have been helping them not only with lessons but also counseling them not to get divorced and how to manage their finances. I want to see them baptized, but we're unsure when they will be, maybe in January. We also keep it real with street contacting and bloc knocking! Man, people here are so stubborn (meaning those that are Orthodox) Lots of them have zero interest in our message. They don't even have a personal relationship with Christ like we do. However, I do like Catholics a lot, because some people we've talked to that are Catholics are very open-minded about our message and are super nice and courteous. So yeah, the work is still going. I've looked at my blog and want to say thank you parents for doing this. It's pretty fancy. I haven't yet emailed Tyler or any of my roommates on their missions, BUT, I've been looking at Tyler's blog and I am so jealous because he's having so much fun there! Don't get me wrong, I'm having a ton of fun too!

   So, about transfers....

   Well, the most important thing I should say first is that I am staying here in Bacau with Elder Gunter. Most bobocs don't leave their birth city, so it's no surprise. I think four of my district from the MTC are leaving their cities and moving! Also, one from my district here, Elder Bateman (who I have come to be really good friends with already) is being transferred to Brasov with Elder Schroedter as his comp. I'll miss him! So, the Elder coming here to replace him is Elder Kebker, whom I know because he was in the district ahead of me in the MTC. So yeah, a lot of changes for my first transfer, but I am staying right here! Yay! Also, Christmas is coming, so my zone (the mission's too big to have a mission-wide party) and the Chisinau zone in Moldova will meet to have a Christmas party and training meeting (a 2 day deal) It sounds fun! On Dec. 22-23 we will go up to Chisinau, Moldova and meet in the rented out Church villa! I get to go to Moldova! I hear that it's pretty cool up there from missionaries. We'll have a new pair of zone leaders for my Galati zone (Elders Toronto and Sullivan) Should be a fun transfer, also cold. Hmm, I'm excited for Christmas in Romania! I haven't gotten that christmas package yet, but I will soon I assume. Last week, I treated myself to a new pair of jeans at the mall here. They cost 100 lei, which equates to 30 something odd American dollars. Not bad. So yeah, dad, that was me using my card for the first time. It was at a really cool clothes store called Pull and Bear, which is popular in Europe.

   Hmm, so, we've been informed that Skype isn't allowed here for christmas :( Nu stiu de ce, but that's just the way it is. So I'll call you mom and dad, either on christmas eve or christmas day. The best time for me to call I'm guessing would be evening sometime (6 or 7). Stay tuned! I'm excited to call!

    Sounds like all is going well in Redlands and in work, school, and in the ward. Sanatate si Doamne ajuta! I hope you all have a merry Christmas and happy New Year and stuff like that. Hmm, here are some things of note in this last week:

1) we talked to a nice Catholic Priest.
2) we saw a cute little dog chasing away a bunch of pidgeons
3) we saw a passed out drunk guy on the sidewalk last night. I thought he was dead. But he wasn't.
4) we saw a dang adorable little girl wrapped up in snow gear runnin around. It was like "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie's little brother always gets way too bundled up from his mom.
5) I went on an exchange with Elder Gauthier and out of nowhere, a flippin mini blizzard hit us hard! It was fun.

   So, that's my week. I'm excited for 2nd transfer in Bacau! I lurve you all and miss y'all. have a fun holidays! I'll talk next week. La revedere!!! Cu drag, Elder Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment